Look. Listen. Learn. Be Aware! Fire can happen anywhere. Unattended cooking was the reason behind a Kitchen fire on Palace road this week. Greater Napanee Emergency Services responded to reports of alarms ringing in an apartment. When crews entered the building they reported light smoke in the corridor leading to the unit. They removed one man who had suffered minor burns to his neck area and extinguished the fire. Crews quickly completed a primary search of the apartment before ventilating the unit and stairwell. This week just so happens to be fire prevention week. Communications Intern with the Town Brianna Celement goes over today’s tip:
If there is a fire in your home, get out and stay out. Never re-enter a burning building and always call 911 to report a fire.